Wondering how to take care of your beautiful crystals? Cleansing them when they first get to you, and regularly after that is important to keep their vibration and healing potential high. We also share how to charge your crystals so you can work with them.
Cleansing your crystals allows you to clear away unwanted or negative energies that the crystals may have absorbed, bringing them back to their natural high vibration state. Cleansing is essential if you work with your crystals often or carry them around with you.
This is ideally done once a month or more often if you are working with the stones quite regularly (if they are assisting you with energy healing sessions then cleansing before and after is a good idea to ensure they are correctly attuned).
My favourite techniques are cleansing with a sage smudge stick or Reiki Healing, pick one or two below that work for you, keeping in mind some crystals are sensitive to water and sunlight :)
Ways To Cleanse Your Crystals:
- Smudging with sage or incense i.e. sage, lavender, cedar (light your smudge stick or natural incense and gently waft cleansing smoke over your crystals, with the intention that they be cleared of low vibrational energies and infused with light).
- Placing on certain high-vibration crystals for a few hours or overnight i.e. selenite, large quartz clusters, amethyst geodes, clear quartz.
- Placing out under the Full Moon to allow the moon's energies to cleanse & charge them (on a windowsill under the moonlight works too!)
- Reiki and energy healing
- Visualisation i.e. center your energy and hold the crystal in your hands, visualising your hands filling with white, healing light. Allow this light to surround the stone and envision unwanted energies transmuted to love, continue until you feel the stone’s energy shift.
- Sound healing i.e. chanting, singing bowls, tuning fork
- Running water or salt water soak (Important: some crystals should not be submerged in water as it can damage the crystal or cause it to disintegrate i.e selenite, halite, malachite, fluorite, calcite, desert rose, lapis lazuli, labradorite).
- Cleanse with the help of Mother Earth by burying the crystal in the soil or placing it on the Earth (Important: rain or moisture could affect your crystal if susceptible to water; also make sure you remember where it was buried!)
- Bask your crystals in sunlight for a few hours (Important: some crystals are sensitive to light and this technique may cause damage or colour fading i.e. amethyst, ametrine, aquamarine, aventurine, celestite, citrine, fluorite, kunzite, rose quartz, smoky quartz, spirit quartz, turquoise).
Charging Your Crystals
Connecting to a crystal and holding an intention for your healing journey together can be beneficial in aligning your purpose with its natural healing properties - this is also known as programming.
To set an intention, hold the stone in your hand while meditating or place it on the chakra you wish to work with. Ease into a state of meditation, and hold an intention for the crystal, you can ask for assistance with any challenge or goal you are working on. Sit in a space of gratitude and love and be open to the crystal working with your energy for your highest good.
I hope you enjoy working with your crystals as much as I do!